You will want to set-up ONE google ads account for your whole group to take advantage of features such as Google Keyword Planner. However, Google makes it difficult to sign-up for an account without adding a credit card.
We will not be advertising on Google, so there's no reason to add a credit card. Instead, we'll get your group set-up with an account with the sole purpose of using the free tools. You will sign-up for one account, and you will all share access to that one account.
You will need a gmail account to create a google ads account. Please create one gmail account for your group.
Once your group's email address, you can proceed to the google ads homepage.
On the homepage. click the 'Start Now' button.
You should reach a screen that prompts you to log in with a gmail account - use your group's gmail address.
Note: if you are already logged into google on your browser, it may default to your personal google ads account. Make sure you log out of your personal ads account.
The following steps will show you how to navigate through the set-up process
1. Select New Google Ads Account (step one may look different, but select some variation of New Google Ads Account)
2. Click 'Switch to Expert Mode' (will appear at the very bottom of the page - do not click 'Next')
3. Click 'Create an account without a campaign' (this is a link right below the table)
4. Click 'Submit'
5. Click 'Explore Your Account'
6. You should now be able to use Google Keyword's Planner and explore the interface without having added a credit card.